Highlands College Team Success Generalist (Human Resources) - Full Time
Summary of Responsibilities
The Team Success Generalist is responsible for completing a variety of tasks required to support the team initiatives for Highlands College, leadership, and teammates. This includes the daily operations of the Team Success department, ensuring legal compliance, interviewing and selection, administering pay, benefits, and leave, administering company policies and practices and a number of other duties to support a high-touch environment on campus.
Executive Director of Team Success
- Performs routine tasks required to help develop, administer, and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; exit interviews; verifications of employment; productivity and morale; occupational health and safety; compensation; and training and development.
- Assisting in the development of employee engagement practices and rewards and recognition plans.
- May conduct or acquire background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Assist in the implementation of new hire orientation and educating newly hired teammates on HR policies, internal procedures, and regulations.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the Executive Director of Team Success.
- Ensure proper addressing and documenting of investigations, exit interviews, teammate changes, leaves of absence and records.
- Support and listen to teammate concerns, participate in investigations, provide guidance, and collaborate with the Executive Director of Team Success on more involved teammate matters.
- Review policies, make suggestions, and maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Conducts annual and ongoing internal HR auditing.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- May recruit, conduct interviews, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Knowledge and handling of Leave of Absence requests
- Assist in drafting of contract agreements.
- Complete I-9s and E-verify submissions for teammates.
- Running and disseminating reports.
- Support the Executive Director of Team Success and fellow teammates as needed.
- May oversee the assignments and daily workflow of others in the department.
- Be actively engaged in ministry at Church of the Highlands and Highlands College by leading small groups.
- Affirm and uphold the Statement of Faith and uphold the Core Values and DNA of the College, exemplifying all by word and lifestyle.
- Create a high-touch environment (love, encourage, welcome people).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teammates, departments and leaders to achieve the goals and initiatives of the College.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Leadership and coaching skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Powerpoint, Word, Excel) and able to create presentations if required.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Ability to stay up to date on HR laws and regulations.
- Flexible schedule and ability to attend after hours or weekend events.
- Highly collaborative and team focused individual.
- High degree of empathy and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and maintain confidentiality.
- Desire to serve others with excellence and seek solutions.
- Professional character and affable under pressure.
- Tenacious, humble, confident, self-leader and mature.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- At least one year of Human Resource Management experience and/or 5+ years of elevated HR Generalist experience required.
- Must have proven experience with all duties outlined above.
- Experience with ministry and/or non-profit regulations a plus.
- SHRM-CP or HRCI certified strongly preferred.
Extent of Public Contact:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com. Only electronic submissions will be reviewed.