Highlands College Ministry Training Curriculum Director - Full Time
Summary of Responsibilities
The Curriculum Director is responsible for organizing, designing, writing, and shaping the Ministry Training curriculum. This Director position will equip, support, and work with all Ministry Training instructors to create a world-class curriculum that equips future leaders in ministry. Additionally, the Curriculum Director will create systems to constantly inspect, improve, and measure the effectiveness of our curriculum.
Executive Director of Design, Development, & Innovation
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong supportive relationships with all practicum leaders and instructors, as well as Highlands College and Church of the Highlands staff.
- Attend regular team meetings, 1on1s, and all applicable Highlands College meetings and events. Attend out-of-hours events as required.
- Work closely with and support other Highlands College staff members.
- Respond to information and contact requests from internal and external sources within 24 hours.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director of Design, Development, and Innovation, as well as all practicum instructors and leaders to help shape, support, write, and design all written content, frameworks, and digital assets for the Ministry Training curriculum. Support all teams in creating a world-class, academy-style curriculum.
- Stay informed of the best strategies to create best-in-class content & curriculum.
- Systematically collect, organize, and file all curriculum components so instructors can easily find and use the established curriculum.
Content Evaluation & Improvement
- Design systems to constantly evaluate and improve all curriculum and content.
- Be actively engaged at Church of the Highlands and Highlands College.
- Participate in ministry leadership by leading small groups.
- Affirm the Statement of Faith and uphold the Core Values and DNA of the College, exemplifying them by word and lifestyle.
- All other duties given by leadership.
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in supporting others, coaching, and training in order to improve performance.
- Openly and freely receives healthy coaching and developmental conversations.
- Encourages the contribution of others and takes their views into account.
- Highly focused, self-starter with an elevated level of energy and positive outlook.
- Ability to remain resilient under pressure and effectively adapt to multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change.
Education & Experience
- BA degree in a related field or appropriate Curriculum Vitae required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Exposure to and passion for the vision of Church of the Highlands and Highlands College.
- In order to effectively write content, it is preferred that applicants have experience working or volunteering within multiple areas of the church. It is required that applicants have a general understanding or rapid ability to learn the departmental systems of: Creative, Family Ministry, Students, Conferences, Outreach, Campus / Pastoral Leadership, Technical Arts, and Worship.
- Needed skills:
Applicant should display exceptional proficiencies in:
- Curriculum writing: Ability to design and create practical, systematic courses and content.
- Digital content creation: Ability to create excellent slide decks in Microsoft Powerpoint that support the written curriculum.
- Supporting and collaborating with others: Ability to be humble and put personal preferences aside when needed to support instructors. But also able to be lovingly assertive when a content direction requires change.
- Systematic thinking and system building: Ability to create replicable and efficient systems to continue to create, evaluate, and improve our content and curriculum.
- Setting and accomplishing goals: Ability to work within tight timelines and deadlines.
Extent of Public Contact
- Moderate exposure to physical risk.
- Good physical condition is required.
- Ability to drive between campuses.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs without assistance.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com. Only electronic submissions will be reviewed.