Highlands College Accountant - Full Time
Summary of Responsibilities
To support the Highlands College Accounting Department in the daily processes related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, budget reporting, and financial reporting. Will work closely with the Executive Director of Finance in oversight of financial records and reports.
Executive Director of Finance and Accounting
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable – assist in the processing of check requests and invoices each week to be processed and paid.
- Accounts Receivable – assist student accounts in Accounts Receivable for tuition, rent, and fees outstanding for Highlands College. Assist in the management of collections and past-due accounts and student communications.
- Deposit Reconciliation – Prepare deposit reconciliation each week for all electronic payments of tuition, rent, and fees.
- Student Accounts – Invoice students for tuition, rent, and fees each semester.
- Credit Cards – assist in the collection of receipts for each department's credit cards and account coding in accounting software.
- Budget Reporting – assist Executive Director of Finance in the preperation of departmental budget reports and distribution.
- Account Reconciliation – Conduct bank account reconciliations and accounts receivable reconciliations.
- Financial Book Closing – assist Executive Director of Finance in the financial month-end, quarterly, and annual book closings.
- Financial Reporting – assist in the preparation of accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information.
- Be actively engaged in ministry at Church of the Highlands and Highlands College by leading small groups.
- Affirm the Statement of Faith and uphold the Core Values and DNA of the College, exemplifying them by word and lifestyle.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 2-5 years accounting/finance experience.
- Computer skills in MS Office and Excel.
- Understanding of Quickbooks or similar accounting software preferred.
Extent of Public Contact
- Moderate exposure to physical risk.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic submissions will be reviewed.