Highlands College Graphic Designer - Full Time
Summary of Responsibilities
The Graphic Designer’s purpose is to help Highlands College maintain and improve excellent visual branding by creating content, print pieces, and promotional materials for events, other HC teams, chapels, and more. He or she will design logos, brochures, various print pieces, t-shirts, banners, and be a brand ambassador for Highlands College. The graphic designer will help maintain the integrity of the HC Brand through many different types of creative content.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Graphic design for Highlands College events, promotions, departments, conferences, and events
- Understand the Highlands College brand and support it and improve it through all design projects
- Connect with printers on details of printing projects
- Stay current on creative industry updates and current products
- Bring fresh inspiration and ideas to the table for design projects
- Manage projects, organize tasks, and prioritize workload
- Communicate with Creative manager and other team members
- Assist Creative Director in reviewing quality of content and ensuring that it aligns with brand standards
- During non-business hours, he or she should be available for rare emergency work
- Be actively engaged in ministry at Church of the Highlands and Highlands College by leading small groups
- Affirm and uphold the Statement of Faith and the Core Values and DNA of the College, exemplifying all by word and lifestyle
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work as a team player and discuss needs, challenges and ideas
- Ability to think ahead, anticipate needs and offer creative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 years as a creative professional with a portfolio of work, preferably in a creative team, freelance, or agency environment
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, lnDesign, After Effects)
- Experience designing for clients and balancing client needs with quality design, including stewarding client relationships.
- General knowledge of the design industry with a pulse for current trends and techniques
Extent of Public Contact
- Moderate exposure to physical risk.
To apply, email resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic submissions will be reviewed.