Highlands College Facilities Manager - Full Time
Summary of Responsibilities
To manage and direct all maintenance required on the Highlands College campus, providing, and maintaining an environment of excellence to accomplish the vision of Highlands College.
This role will report to the COO.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- General Maintenance of building on the Highlands College campus.
- Work closely with the maintenance department to ensure the campus is operating at our standard of excellence.
- Independently schedule and oversee regular building cleaning.
- Independently schedule dumpster pick-ups as well as extra capacity needed for events.
- Assist with campus evaluations and inspections.
- Responsible for making sure HVAC is functioning as designed.
- Complete all work tickets assigned in a prompt manner.
- Work closely with Residence Director to help with all facets of facilities.
- Meet weekly with Residence Director to ensure all projects and services are covered and completed.
- Work closely with campus support to assess building needs, projects, and maintenance to be done.
- Respond to all emergencies and make assessments. Work closely with Central Highlands Facilities Director to find and execute solutions.
- Responsible for developing a routine maintenance plan.
- Assume all responsibility for the repair of all electrical and plumbing issues that come up.
- Maintain electrical and plumbing supplies.
- Develop a training program for Campus Support.
- Learn fire alarm system and its intricacies.
- Carpet cleaning, painting, pressure washing.
- Ensure vehicles, trailer, and golf carts are maintained (fuel, oil, tires).
- Be actively engaged in ministry at Church of the Highlands and Highlands College by leading small groups.
- Affirm and uphold the Statement of Faith and the Core Values and DNA of the College, exemplifying all by word and lifestyle.
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in supporting others, coaching, and training to improve performance.
- Highly focused, self-starter with an elevated level of energy and positive outlook.
- Ability to remain resilient under pressure and effectively adapt to multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Protective and frugal with time and money.
- Servant attitude with a devotion to the call of God and Highlands College.
- Lead and develop teams to effectively reach goals.
- Sets clear objectives, inspiring and encouraging high performance in teams and individuals.
- Anticipates the possible demands and outcomes of a particular task or situation – plans and prioritizes appropriately.
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role
- HVAC Certification preferred
- Light Construction/plumbing/electrical
Extent of Public Contact
- Moderate exposure to physical risk.
- Good physical condition is required.
- Ability to drive between campuses.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs without assistance.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic submissions will be reviewed.